You are here
Equestrian Camp offers campers a 3 hour session each day to improve their riding techniques:
- Build friendships with other horse-loving campers of similar riding ability
- Benefit from a smaller class size with a consistent instructor
- Care for their very own horse for the week (requests will be honored as possible)
Equestrian Camp is open to all levels of riding experience, including campers who have never ridden before, campers who have mastered the basics, and campers who are ready for a real challenge. Both Western and English riding styles can be preferred or experienced at the lower levels in mixed discipline classes during any session.
Advanced riders who plan to specialize will need to choose the session that corresponds to their preferred discipline:
- Advanced Western will be offered sessions 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.
- Advanced English will be offered sessions 2, 4, 6, and 8.
Advanced riders are those who can balance and control the horse at the walk, trot and canter while focusing on instruction in more complex maneuvers. If you have any questions, please contact our Equestrian Director, Kelly, at Kelly.Agorichas@ymcahouston.org.